- It is required that all moms make a MOPS Kids reservation every month for their child(ren). All reservations must be made by 12 noon on the Friday before our meeting. You can make a reservation by emailing your each child’s name & age along with your name & phone number to MOPS Kids Reservation Coordinator.. Limited space is available. You will receive an e-mail stating whether you have a reservation or if you are on the waiting list.
If necessary, please cancel MOPS Kids reservations as soon as possible by emailing the MOPS Kids Reservation Coordinator. Our no-show policy states that if you do not come to a meeting for which you made a MOPS Kids reservation, and you do not cancel your child’s reservation at least one hour before the event, you are considered a no-show. After the 2nd no-show, you are put on waiting list only status for MOPS Kids reservations. We would call you the night before the meeting if we had an opening for your child in MOPS Kids.
Bring a change of clothes for your children (including socks) and at least 3 diapers if your child is not potty trained. Label ALL items in your child’s bag (including bottles and cups). Please make sure to also label your child’s bag.
PLEASE refrain from “checking in” on children as much as possible during the meeting. Children, yours and others, are often upset when they see people come and go in the nursery area. Moms will be notified immediately if needed..
Please sign children in at the table located in the main entry to the nursery area between 9:00 and 9:15 AM. You will be informed of how any special needs or allergies are relayed to your child’s MOPS Kids worker. MOPS meetings begin promptly at 9:15 AM.
Take your child to his/her designated room and make sure they receive a nametag. The MOPS Kids worker will help your child feel comfortable. Be assured that you will be notified if your child cries more than 10 minutes.
- Please pick up your children from their classrooms promptly at the end of each meeting. Some of our teachers will need to pick up children of their own from preschools.
- When you arrive to pick up your child, you will be asked to show the teacher your security tag/band. They will then cross-reference this information with that on the child’s badge. We understand that some of you are familiar with several of the workers and/or volunteers. Please respect that our policy for pick-ups must be followed by ALL moms. The system is more effective when it is repeated for everyone. The nursery staff would appreciate your patience during the pick-up procedure.
- Please make every effort to make our MOPS Kids workers feel appreciated. Kindly thank them at the end of every meeting. They care for our children while we meet so let’s be kind to them!
- If you have ANY concerns about the care of your child while he/she is in MOPS Kids, please contact our MOPS Kids Reservations Coordinator.
SICK CHILD GUIDELINES
Please do not bring a child to MOPS Kids who:
- has had a fever within the last 24 hours;
- has vomited within the last 24 hours;
- has a runny nose with green or yellow mucus;
- has had severe diarrhea within the last 24 hours; or
- has been exposed to a contagious condition such as chicken pox, measles, strep throat or roseola.