Within the Harry Potter Series Are Countless Life Lessons For Kids to Take Away
- Always pay attention in school — you won’t regret it.
- Sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to do.
- You can’t compare yourself to others.
- It’s OK to feel pain and sadness.
- It’s OK to make mistakes.
- You can move on from loss.
- 1 Why are Harry Potter books good for kids?
- 2 What can kids learn from Harry Potter?
- 3 What do you learn from Harry Potter books?
- 4 Are Harry Potter books educational?
- 5 What is the best age to read Harry Potter?
- 6 What should a 10 year old read after Harry Potter?
- 7 What is the moral lesson of Harry Potter?
- 8 Can 8 year old read Harry Potter?
- 9 Is Harry Potter OK for a 5 year old?
- 10 What do you learn at Hogwarts?
- 11 How can I study like Harry Potter?
- 12 What is good about Harry Potter books?
- 13 Is Harry Potter a good book to teach?
- 14 Is Harry Potter a 7th grade book?
- 15 Why is Harry Potter not allowed in schools?
Why are Harry Potter books good for kids?
The fantastical, magical world of coming-of-age, adventure, and suspense ignites and improves a child’s imagination. Harry Potter teaches essential life lessons (that are sometimes easier to learn in a fantasy book than in a realistic one). These lessons include: The Harry Potter stories build empathy in readers.
What can kids learn from Harry Potter?
Here are the top nine life lessons Harry and his friends can teach us.
- Talk about things.
- Friendship is important.
- It’s okay to turn to your parents for help.
- It’s important to believe in yourself.
- Community is important.
- Never give up.
- You can find help in unexpected places.
- Face your fears.
What do you learn from Harry Potter books?
Love is a strong theme throughout the books; if you love someone completely it can never be undone. Lily’s love for Harry granted him protection and Snape’s love for Lily shaped his path after her death. True love lasts forever.
Are Harry Potter books educational?
Even though the literal actions of the characters in the novels have to do with magic and sorcery, children and educators who value Harry Potter appreciate the stories on practical, literal, and symbolic levels. On a practical level, the books are useful in a classroom because they encourage children to read.
What is the best age to read Harry Potter?
7–9: A great age to begin (for younger kids, consider reading aloud together).
What should a 10 year old read after Harry Potter?
Books Like Harry Potter: 15 Series to Read Next
- Pennyroyal Academy Series. by M.A. Larson.
- The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series.
- Sam London Adventure Series.
- An Epic Series of Failures Series.
- The Uncommoners Series.
- Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children Series.
- His Dark Materials Series.
- Dragon Keepers Series.
What is the moral lesson of Harry Potter?
One of the morals of the story is that you never know what you are capable of until you try. Harry was faced with extraordinary circumstances, and he was able to rise to the challenge. He found reserves of bravery within himself, as well as special abilities. Harry Potter had no idea that he was a wizard, of course.
Can 8 year old read Harry Potter?
Age 8 + / 2nd and 3rd grade Most children are ready for the first three books in the Harry Potter series by the time they reach the 3rd grade. After around eight years old, children will generally have a good enough reading level to try out these books independently.
Is Harry Potter OK for a 5 year old?
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone is fine for young children. Once you get to book 4 The Goblet of Fire, four would be too young for it.
What do you learn at Hogwarts?
All first-years at Hogwarts must take seven subjects: Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy and Herbology. Flying lessons (on broomsticks) are also compulsory.
How can I study like Harry Potter?
5 Study Tips from Hermione Granger
- Make Learning a Habit. Hermione constantly pursues what interests her; her curiosity about all things magic and her passion for learning about it sets her apart from her peers.
- Put Your Knowledge to Action.
- Read, Read, Read.
- Ask Questions.
- Speak Kindly to Yourself.
What is good about Harry Potter books?
20 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is The Best There’ll Ever Be
- The community. Admit it.
- It made us all think we could be a wizard.
- Hogwarts – just Hogwarts.
- The magical creatures.
- The character names.
- The costumes and descriptions.
- The breadth of imagination.
- The hidden plot secrets.
Is Harry Potter a good book to teach?
According to some educators, the Harry Potter series has provided a gold mine of classroom opportunities. With its good versus evil dynamic and its schoolroom setting, the Harry Potter books touch on some of the struggles of childhood many kids can relate to.
Is Harry Potter a 7th grade book?
A 7-year-old can start reading Harry Potter books. The first three Harry Potter books that are recommended for a 7-year-old are Philosopher’s Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban.
Why is Harry Potter not allowed in schools?
” The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells, which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text,” Reehil added.